Profession Profession Profession

Dating is a lost art. When I say dating, I mean proper courting, not the 'off to bed on the first date' type of modern dating. However, old-schooled romantics like me have only 2 options nowadays, (1) adapt to the fast-paced, instant-gratifying kind of dating or (2) accept that we are outdated, stop dating and get a cat.

Personally I am leaning towards option 2 but if you are a romantic who is still brave enough to adapt to the 'NOW IS GOOD' style of dating, remember this - every minute counts!  To help people make quick and wise decisions in order to keep up with the modern dating, I am now sacrificing myself to be labelled as a 'labler,' even though it is extremely unfair, not to mention politically incorrect, to categorise or label people by their professions.

Having said that, professions definitely say a lot about people but of course there will always be exceptions. Here are some tips when you encounter different professions while dating:

Disclaimer: the following observation is based on personal experience of a woman dating a man, with a very limited sample size and heavily influenced by TV, movies, novels, etc.

(1)  Doctors: They are GODs in their world. Are you religious?

(2)  Lawyers: Watch what you say.

(3) Accountants: Harmless in general (I was one of them) although occasionally you might have to put up with the odd ones who go out in their 'T-shirt + shorts + socks + sandals' combo.

(4) Teachers/lecturers: Just listen, but do try not to fall asleep. (I confess - I was absolutely in love with my own voice when I first started lecturing...)

(5) Merchant bankers: Wankers. Avoid at all costs. (Trust me, I was one of them.)

(6) CEOs: They are the survivors of the corporate jungle. Every time they survive, they lose some humanity. They are perfect for people who consider marriages as businesses.

(7) Architects: Dreamers. They could fall in love as easily as falling out of it.

(8) Scientists: Loners. They could be a lot of fun once you crack the code and understand their thinking process.

(9) Engineers: Mostly reliable although you might need to get used to their communication patterns.

(10) Other professions: Insufficient data for a valid analysis. Need more samples.

Happy dating!




Comments

Popular Posts